Owensboro Catholic Schools in partnership with our supporting parishes are once again making tuition assistance available to any family who can demonstrate financial need. Assistance totaling $800,000 will be awarded using the FACTS Tuition Management System.
If you are a returning family, you must submit for tuition assistance in Round 1 or 2.*
February 4-15 – Tuition Assistance Round 1
February 25-March 31 – Tuition Assistance Round 2
To make it easier to fill out tuition assistance, please have the following documentation:
- Copy of your most recent Federal Individual Income Tax Return
- Copy of all current year W-2 Wage and Tax Statements
- Copies of all supporting tax document if you have business income/loss
- Copies of all supporting documentation for household Non-Taxable Income such as: Social Security Income, Welfare, Child Support, Food Stamps, etc.
- If you do not file a tax return, you are required to provide documentation of all income received
- All information is to be scanned or sent to FACTS as instructed
- If you need assistance filing electronically, contact OCS Central Office at 270.686.8896
*There will be no additional rounds for returning families. Unforeseen, catastrophic circumstances can always be appealed.
Disclaimer: It is important to note that the OCS Tuition Assistance Fund has limited funding. In this regard, if false, fraudulent, or incomplete information is provided to FACTS or any OCS school representative in the awarding of Tuition Assistance, OCS may, in its own discretion, make certain adjustments to the award(s).
Expectations for Families Receiving Tuition Assistance
- Actively volunteer in the parish and school community
- Actively participate and support parish and school fundraising activities and events
- Actively support and promote the parish and the school in the greater community
Applying for Tuition Assistance
All parish approved Catholic families from our 15 supporting parishes receive tuition support from the parish subsidy. This support is already factored into the set tuition rates.
Additionally, OCS awards tuition assistance based on financial need. This assessment is conducted by FACTS Tuition Service.
Families must scan or send in all supporting documentation to FACTS as instructed. There is a $32.00 non-refundable fee to apply for tuition assistance, paid directly to FACTS, which is an independent company that processes the application and supporting documentation in order to produce a needs assessment report for OCS. Tuition assistance allocations are based on the needs assessment report.
If you need assistance filing electronically, contact the OCS business office at 270-686-8896.
Notification of tuition assistance will occur within 30 days of the date of submitted tuition assistance application/fee (with supporting documentation) and registration application/fee.
Download the FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment Information flyer.
FACTS Management makes quality education affordable for families by assisting schools in awarding need-based tuition assistance. FACTS works with schools to create a custom application and collect financial data so schools can make accurate award decisions based on financial need.
After completing the online application, you will need to upload or fax all required supporting documentation. Uploaded documents must be in PDF format and the size of each document must be less than 20 MB. If you are unable to upload, fax the required documents to 866-315-9264. Please DO NOT use your mobile device to photocopy required documents due to problems with legibility.
The following supporting documents are required to complete the application process:
- Copy of the most recent IRS Federal Form 1040, 1040A or 1040-EZ U.S. Individual Income Tax Return (the year of the tax return depends on the tax requirements of the school). If applicant and co-applicant file separately, we require both tax returns for the same tax year. We do not require State Tax Returns.
- Copies of all the current year W-2 Wage and Tax Statements for both the applicant and co-applicant.
NOTE: If you are applying before you have received all the current year W-2 Wage and Tax Statements, please submit them as soon as they become available.
- Copies of all supporting tax documents if you have business income/loss.
*IMPORTANT: If you file a tax return but do not have W-2 wages because you are self-employed, you will be required to submit a copy of your current year Federal Form 1040 Tax Return.
- Copies of all supporting documentation for household Non-Taxable Income such as: Social Security Income, Welfare, Child Support, Food Stamps, Workers’ Compensation, and Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF). If you do not file a tax return, you are required to provide documentation of all income received.
*All documentation received is imaged upon receipt and then destroyed.
You may login to your FACTS user account to review the status of your application. Please allow 2 weeks processing time from the date you provided the supporting documents before inquiring further about receipt and/or status of the uploaded or faxed documents. Application deadlines are set by the institution awarding the scholarships. If you are applying after the deadline, please contact your school to ensure that your application will be accepted.
NOTE: Award decisions are made by the institution providing the scholarship, not FACTS.
After your tuition assistance has been awarded, families may choose to appeal for additional assistance. Families should complete the appeal process if they have additional financial need or there are extenuating circumstances (loss of job, illness, emergency situation, etc.) since the submission of the initial application. In such situations, families are required to complete a FACTS appeal application, and any new circumstances will be considered and evaluated by FACTS. Awards are granted based on financial need and the availability of tuition assistance funds for the current school year.