Welcome to the Owensboro Catholic Elementary K – 3 Campus! We are so excited that you are interested in our school. We feel that it is an excellent setting for your child to begin their educational journey and continue their spiritual journey. Our school has many enriching learning opportunities for your children. I would like to give you an overview of what you can expect from our school.
More than anything, we want for the students in the Owensboro Catholic Elementary K – 3 Campus to have fun while they receive an excellent education, which is centered on Christ. We are very proud of success our students have shown academically. Our students continue to score above the national average on the MAPS Testing. However, we are just as proud of the tremendous parental support our school receives as well as the numerous spiritual opportunities that our students are provided each year.
We are blessed to have an experienced and devoted faculty and staff. Each day we work together to build a family atmosphere throughout our building allowing us to guide our students to success. We are continually working to achieve excellence in our school in the following ways:
- To insure the needs of all students are being met, our faculty and staff are continually searching for and participating in professional development learning opportunities that will allow them to differentiate instruction and incorporate best instructional practices within their classrooms.
- Each week our students attend Mass with one of the parish priests within our school system. The students also participate in prayer services, service projects, living rosary, and devotions centered on the Church’s liturgical seasons. Each week priests make visits into the classrooms to speak to the students on various religious topics and answer any questions they may have concerning the Church and its teachings.
- Kristen Miller is our Differentiated Learning Specialist. She works with teachers to facilitate strategies that best fit our students. By reviewing test data, observing students, conversations will teachers and reviewing work of students, she is able to assist teacher in developing interventions and work with students individually to assure their success.
- We utilize technology as a tool to enhance students learning. Students use IPADS, computers, and Chromebooks each day. Students also attend computer classes each week where they are taught the latest programs such as Google and keyboarding skills. Teachers incorporate IXL, Dreambox, and Lexia into everyday instruction.
- Students are given the opportunity each week to experience the Arts through our art and music programs. Students also have Library time each week.
- We also encourage parent involvement within our school. In order to provide the best educational and spiritual setting for each child, we need our parents to be involved. We believe they are a vital part of the child’s educational team. There are numerous opportunities for our parents to get involved both within and outside our building. We need their involvement to make our school a success.
Your child’s future holds a bundle of possibilities. With our guidance, encouragement, love, and support, your child has the potential to become a great success. Once again thank you for your interest in the Owensboro Catholic Elementary K-3 Campus.
Jim Tinius – Principal