The K-3 Campus, in collaboration with parents and the church, seeks to educate the whole child by providing an excellent education rooted in Gospel values. Owensboro Catholic Schools follow the National Standards for Effective Catholic Schools.
Faith Based Activities and Lessons
- Weekly Mass
- Students lead the Masses by serving as lectors, singers, and servers.
- Students participate in Mass in a way appropriate for young children by learning liturgical sign language for the music.
- Weekly classroom visits and instruction from local Parish Priests
- Daily prayer- Each day begins and ends with school wide prayer.
- Learn traditional Catholic prayers, as well as how to pray the Rosary, the Divine Chaplet of Mercy, and the Stations of the Cross.
- Learn about Eucharistic Adoration and the importance of a personal relationship with Jesus.
- Focus on the Saint for each week of the year
- Collecting Holy Cards of the Saints
- Prayer Day Retreats for each grade level
- Celebrating Catholic Schools Week
- Religion Class using a USCCB approved Religion Curriculum
- Advent and Lent activities and services
- Opportunities to participate in Social Justice service projects following the corporal and spiritual works of mercy