Accounts Receivable Assistant: Central Office
Classification: Administration Staff
Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Controller
To assist with the management of all accounts receivable for the OCS families, parishes, etc. to ensure efficient, timely, and accurate information while providing excellent customer service throughout the accounts receivable cycle.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Accurately process student related and other billing activities; properly record and apply all payment types from various avenues to outstanding invoices.
Prepare deposits of all monetary funds that are received through central office.
Contact and provide assistance to OCS families, parishes, etc. with questions and/or concerns.
Research and resolve payment discrepancies
Reconcile reports across several computer software platforms to ensure precision
Support accounting functions and perform other accounting duties and participate in accounting
projects on an as required basis.
Assist with month-end financial statement closings by providing reconciled outstanding AR to
Ability to analyze information and pay attention to detail
Perform other duties as requested by Controller or Senior Accounts Receivable
Education, Training, Abilities and Experience:
1-3 years of previous Accounts Receivable experience
High School diploma or equivalent
Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of position
Knowledge of basic accounting principles
Prioritize and manage multiple tasks that are time-sensitive
Exhibit professionalism with good verbal and written communication skills
Proficient in computer software (Microsoft Office and others) and a quick learner.
The characteristics described here are reprehensive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to person essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, operate a computer, including use of a keyboard, reach with hands and arms; talk and hear and occasionally required to climb stairs, balance, stoop, or kneel. The employee must frequently lift or move up to 10 pounds.
The position may require some overtime hours, depending on the work flow of the office.
Interested applicants must submit an application and resume to Brooke Hattabaugh at [email protected] or 1524 W. Parrish Ave, Owensboro, KY, 42301.
Owensboro Catholic Schools – Substitute Teachers
Owensboro Catholic Schools is looking for Substitute Teachers. Substitutes may work at the K-3 Campus, 4-6 Campus, Middle School and High School. This is a non-contracted position and work availability varies based on need.
Position Summary: Provide continuation of instruction and management of students in absence of the regular teacher in a variety of content areas and grade levels.
- Completion of 64 college credit hours and an official transcript for validation
- Classroom Management Skills
- Successfully complete a criminal history and background check
- Be a retired teacher
- Hold teaching certification or a Statement of Eligibility
- Be a Teacher in Training. To qualify in the category, candidates must meet one of the following criteria
- Be enrolled in a teacher education program and have completed 64 credit hours with a minimum GPA of 2.5, or
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree and have completed a minimum of 12 credit hours toward a Master’s degree in Education
- Be a practicing Catholic in good standing with the Church
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provide effective continuation of instruction based on lesson plans and/or instructions provided by the regular teacher
- Effectively communicate assignments and instructions to students and provide assistance
- Follow all safety and emergency procedures established by the school
- Supervision of students using proper classroom management techniques
- Provide detailed notes and feedback to the regular teacher
Owensboro Catholic Schools is an equal opportunity employer that provides a wide range of benefits. All interested applicants may submit a resume and cover letter [email protected] or write Brooke Hattabaugh, Owensboro Catholic Schools Human Resources, 1524 W Parrish Ave, Owensboro, KY 42301.