Owensboro Catholic Schools is seeking applicants for a School Secretary at Owensboro Catholic Middle School for the 2022-2023 school year. The candidates must be a practicing Catholic in good standing with the Church. The school secretary is responsible for general secretarial duties in the school office, greeting and welcoming the public, and coordinating teacher/students’ needs for office services.
Essential Job Functions
- Perform secretarial and clerical functions necessary for the efficient functioning of the school
- Uses word processing skills to prepare forms, spreadsheets, checklists, class lists, etc.
- Files, collates, and copies material as needed by the principals and or faculty
- Maintain attendance records and student records
- Maintain all office machines
- Maintain inventory of all office supplies and orders supplies as needed
- Handle enrollment and withdrawal of all students coming to and leaving schools in accordance with school policies
- Receive visitors, accepts and directs phone calls, distributes mail, and handles all office duties
- Maintain confidentiality of all personal records and information
- Maintain faculty attendance records and submits payroll forms for substitute teachers to HR
- Maintain invoices and credit card receipts and sends them to AR/AP in Central Office
- Update all databases with changes in student, parent, and faculty information
- Attend open houses, faculty in-service days, and meetings as needed and requested
- Maintain updated student records, emergency paperwork, and school files
- Work with all staff members to form a positive, supportive team atmosphere
- Participate in recommended training programs, conferences, courses, and other aspects of professional development
- Perform other duties as requested by the Principal
Requirements and Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must possess necessary secretarial skills
- Maintains a professional attitude and loyalty to the school
- Treats all parents and children with dignity and respect
- Ability to perform outlined tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job
- Must have the ability to multi-task, organize and meet deadlines
Note: The successful candidate must pass a criminal background check and complete safe environment training for the Diocese of Owensboro before employment can be granted.
Owensboro Catholic Schools is an equal opportunity employer that provides a wide range of benefits. All interested applicants may submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected] or write Brookelyn Jackson, Owensboro Catholic Schools Human Resources, 1524 W Parrish Ave, Owensboro, KY 42301.