In Person Learning
I want to assure all of ACES NATION that we will return to in person learning at the earliest possible time, be it December 7th (Grades K through 5) or January 4th.
We will keep you informed every step of the way.
You will be receiving communication today from each of our sites letting you know how virtual learning will unfold for students at that campus.
Thank you for assisting with your child’s education during this virtual time and know that we are here to help in any way we can. Please contact your teacher or school site if you have any questions or concerns.
If you would like to share your comments and concerns about the recent executive order to close all private schools, feel free to reach out to your local legislators and let your voice be heard.
Everyone can locate their local legislators at the following website: https://legislature.ky.gov/Pages/contactus.aspx
Here are some talking points that parents or stakeholders might want to address in their comments:
· Concern to mental health of students, teachers, and parents.
· Parents dealing with child care issues even though they have done everything that was asked of them.
· Social injustice to the people and staff that could possibly lose income during a school shut down
· Having to pay a premium to find available child-care, which could lead to relying on grandparents who are our most vulnerable.
· Loss of instructional time. Our test scores are higher due to all the hard work that our teachers, parents, and students have put in.
That essential in-person contact that we have fought so hard for has now been removed.
Lunch and Breakfast Available
Meals will be available at our K-3 Campus and at Owensboro Catholic Middle School. Monday through Friday, free hot lunches will be provided, along with a cold breakfast for the next day. Families will pull up and be handed their children’s meals (18 and under) drive through style. Dates for the free meal service will be:
November 23rd and 24th and November 30th – December 18th, 2020.
Sites and times for meal services:
Owensboro Catholic K-3 Campus: 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Owensboro Catholic Middle School: 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
For the week of November 23, SCRIP will be open on Tuesday only from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Order online at [email protected] or by calling 270-478-1796.