K-3 Campus Meet Your Teacher
When: Monday, August 24, 2020 from 2:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m
- Parents will sign up online for an individual 10-min. appointment slot to meet their child’s teacher and drop off school supplies.
- This will help ensure that only a limited number of people are in the building at one time.
- Only one family will be in the classroom with the teacher at a time.
- The class rosters and links to sign up for an appointment will be sent to families on Friday, August 21st.
- Short classroom tour videos will be created by teachers and sent out prior to the Meet Your Teacher event so that families have an idea of the classroom layout before entering the room.
- Teachers will be encouraged to stand with families in the room and walk around instead of sitting so that chairs do not have to be sanitized between appointments.
- Masks must be worn by all K-3 students, staff, and parents at all times during the duration of the event.
- Parents will be encouraged to bring only those students attending the K-3 Campus (no younger/older siblings).
- All students and parents will have their temperatures taken before entering the building. Anyone with a temperature over 100.4 will not be permitted to enter.
- Adults will be asked a series of questions to screen for COVID-19 symptoms before being permitted in the building.
- Social distancing will be enforced in the hallways and families will be discouraged from congregating.
- All families must enter the building through the K-3 lobby doors to have their temperatures taken and answer screening questions.
- Social distancing markings will be made on the pavement outside the front entry in case a line forms.
- To promote one-way traffic, the lobby doors will be designated for ENTRANCE ONLY. After visiting with their child’s teacher, 2nd and 3rd grade families should exit through the breezeway/Annunciation Center doors. Kindergarten families will exit out the doors nearest the church. 1st grade families may exit out the cafeteria door.
- To allow for social distancing, the health tech and school nurse will be set up in the After School Program room instead of the office area.
- Families may drop-off paperwork or student documents to Mrs. Scott through the front plexiglass window.
- The cafeteria manager will be available in the cafeteria if parents would like to check their child’s account balance or add money to their child’s account.
- The summer feeding program will NOT be serving an evening meal.
- To eliminate the sharing of pens, there will be no classroom forms for parents to fill out on-site. Forms will be sent home with families to return on the first day of school and/or teachers may write down notes.
Class lists will be published on Friday, August 21st via K-3 e-mail. You must be signed up to receive these emails (see information below for subscribing to OCS emails).