4-6 Campus Meet Your Teacher Plans
When: Monday, August 24, 2020 from 2:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m
- Parents will sign up online for an individual 10-min. appointment slot from 2:00-7:00 PM to meet their child’s teacher and drop off school supplies.
- This will help ensure that only a limited number of people are in the building at one time.
- Only one family will be in the classroom with the teacher at a time.
- The class rosters and links to sign up for an appointment will be sent to families on Friday, August 21st.
- Teachers will be encouraged to stand with families in the room and walk around instead of sitting so that chairs do not have to be sanitized between appointments.
- Masks must be worn by all students, staff, and parents at all times during the duration of the event.
- Parents will be encouraged to bring only those students attending the 4-6 Campus (no younger/older siblings).
- All students and parents will have their temperatures taken before entering the building. Anyone with a temperature over 100.4 will not be permitted to enter.
- Adults will be asked a series of questions to screen for COVID-19 symptoms before being permitted in the building.
- Social distancing will be enforced in the hallways and families will be discouraged from congregating.
- All families must enter the building through the 4-6 front entrance on 23rd street to have their temperatures taken and answer screening questions.
- Social distancing markings will be made on the pavement outside the front entry in case a line forms.
- To promote one-way traffic, the front entrance doors will be designated for ENTRANCE ONLY. After visiting with their child’s teacher, 4th grade families should exit through the breezeway doors. Fifth grade families will exit out the doors nearest the church. Sixth grade families may exit out the back doors by the cafeteria/playground door.
- To allow for social distancing, the health tech and school nurse will be set up in the Title I room instead of the office area.
- Families may drop-off paperwork or student documents to Ms. Carr in the school office.
- The cafeteria manager will be available in the cafeteria if parents would like to check their child’s account balance or add money to their child’s account.
- To eliminate the sharing of pens, there will be no classroom forms for parents to fill out on-site. Forms will be sent home with families to return on the first day of school and/or teachers may write down notes.
Class lists will be published on Friday, August 21st via 4-6 e-mail. You must be signed up to receive these emails (see information below for subscribing to OCS emails).