Hi there –
I hope this finds you and your family healthy, and not too stir crazy!
This entire experience has given all of us an ample opportunity to learn things that we probably never thought we would have to learn – from attending a Zoom meeting to figuring out how to solve for x, from knowing what Google Classroom is to the fact that See-Saw is not just a piece of playground equipment – this will be what we discuss from our favorite chair as we gracefully grow older!
I want to extend my thanks to each one of you for making the best of this situation. With the level of support we see from families year-round, I was not surprised by your jumping right in and providing the “teaching” necessary to help your children.
I also want to thank our fantastic teachers and administrators for working above and beyond to transition to a totally new way of teaching and reaching students, in just a few days. Their desire to help your child(ren) be successful is evident in what they have done!
Let me share with you what we know heading into the last month of the 2019-2020 school year:
- Registration for next year is still underway. If you have not registered, please do so on or before Friday, April 17, 2020. Log on to https://owensborocatholic.org/registration-for-the-2020-2021-school-year/. Need assistance or having issues registering – we are here to help! Contact Nicolette Vizuet ([email protected]). Current families registering after April 17 will be subject to a $200 late fee.
- The last day of school was originally scheduled for May 15. I hope we can return before then, but I am not sure that is likely to occur. As soon as we have a definitive date, I will be sure to get that out to you.
- We will be issuing credits/rebates for afterschool and or bussing once we have a final decision on whether we will be returning to school in May. In the event we do not return, we will apply all pre-payments from afterschool and/or bussing to any outstanding balances that a family may have for 2019-20, or we can apply the credits to 2020-21. Should you need to make other arrangements, please contact Kathy Sterling at [email protected].
- There is no consideration being given to a tuition reduction as every Catholic school employee continues to work hard to meet the challenges of each day, and to provide the assistance parents need.
- End of year activities such as the 4-6 Campus award/recognition ceremonies, 8th grade mass and recognition day, OCHS Baccalaureate and Graduation are being studied and discussed. Multiple alternative options are being looked at. Once we have a better understanding from state and national authorities on when things will be opened back up, we can finalize our plans and communicate that to you.
- Join us each Thursday at 10:30 a.m. to celebrate Mass live streamed on our Facebook page – facebook.com/ocsaces.
Have a good weekend – and we all look forward to getting back together!
– Keith Osborne, CAO