We are dealing with a very unique situation, one that is constantly in changing and we are doing our very best to plan and adjust as needed.
The health and well-being of all is a top priority, and we will follow all the best and latest information and recommendations, such as social distancing, hand washing, not touching your face, covering your cough or sneeze, and avoiding large crowds.
Over a week ago, we began to make plans for if/when face to face instruction would be canceled. Lessons, research papers, projects, packets, and other creative assignments have been developed and communicated to your children. Teachers will be available for any questions you may have via email or by calling your school site.
K-3 Campus – 270.684.7583
4-6 Campus – 270.683.6989
OCMS – 270.683.0480
OCHS – 270.684.3215
OCS Central Office – 270.686.8896
What You Need to Know:
1. Central Office will be open Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m.
2. Schools have implemented NTI (non-traditional instruction) days – these days may not have to be made up if approved by the Kentucky Department of Education.
3. ALL events, activities, meetings, practices, open fields/gyms, fundraisers, or any school gatherings are cancelled through Spring Break – this is for all grades K-12.
4. The annual dinner/auction has been postponed until further notice.
5. The scrip office has been closed until further notice.
6. Phonathon calling nights have been postponed until further notice.
7. Sign up for OCS text alerts – https://owensborocatholic.org/text-alerts/
CHARTER TO OFFER FREE ACCESS TO SPECTRUM BROADBAND & WI-FI FOR 60-DAYS FOR NEW K-12 AND COLLEGE STUDENT HOUSEHOLDS AND MORE
Stamford, CT. – March 13, 2020 –
In the coming weeks, many Americans will be affected either directly or indirectly by COVID-19 and Charter is focused on serving and supporting our 29 million customers. Americans rely on high speed broadband in nearly every aspect of their lives and Charter is committed to ensuring our customers maintain reliable access to the online resources and information they want and need. To ease the strain in this challenging time, beginning Monday, March 16, Charter commits to the following for 60 days:
- Charter will offer free Spectrum broadband and Wi-Fi access for 60 days to households with K-12 and/or college students who do not already have a Spectrum broadband subscription at any service level up to 100 Mbps. To enroll call 1-844-488-8395. Installation fees will be waived for new student households.
- Charter will partner with school districts to ensure local communities are aware of these tools to help students learn remotely.
- For eligible low-income households without school-aged children, Charter continues to offer Spectrum Internet Assist, a low-cost broadband program delivering speeds of 30 Mbps
- Charter will open its Wi-Fi hotspots across our footprint for public use
- Spectrum does not have data caps or hidden fees.