Owensboro Catholic Schools is seeking applicants for a Religion teacher at OCMS. The candidate must be a practicing Catholic in good standing with the Church who is joyfully faithful to the Church’s tradition and teaching. The ideal candidate would hold a degree in Theology or Catechetics and have a passion for teaching adolescents. More specific job functions and a calendar of events are available on request.
Essential Job Functions
- Strive to achieve the goals of Catholic education by
- Upholding the doctrinal teachings of the Catholic Church
- Promoting and living the Gospel values and Catholic moral teaching
- Establishing an atmosphere where students can encounter the living Christ and deepen their relationship with God
- Forming students to have true freedom
- Work on or assist with the coordination of spiritual retreats, prayer services, priest visits and various seasonal liturgies
- Stay up to date on current issues in the Diocese of Owensboro and the Catholic Church
- Chair/Co-chair an extra-curricular club or student organization
- Use best practices to provide effective instruction and positive, consistent classroom management.
- Communicate with students, parents, and other stakeholders in a professional and positive manner
- Function as a cooperative, productive team member at OCMS
- Support and uphold the philosophy and mission of the Catholic Church and the Owensboro Catholic School System.
Requirements and qualifications:
Have a passion for teaching adolescents
Be a practicing Catholic in good standing with the Church
Hold a degree in Theology, Catechetics or related field
The candidate must be:
- able to multitask
- prioritize and manage time efficiently
- self-motivated and self-directed with precise attention to detail
- goal-oriented, organized team player with positive attitude
Note: The successful candidate must pass criminal background check and complete safe environment training for the Diocese of Owensboro before employment can be granted
Owensboro Catholic Schools is an equal opportunity employer that provides a wide range of benefits. All interested applicants may submit a resume and cover letter [email protected] or write Brooke Hattabaugh, Owensboro Catholic Schools Human Resources, 1524 W Parrish Ave, Owensboro, KY 42301. Resumes will be accepted through April 30, 2019 or until filled.