- We were informed this week that Kroger will no longer allow us to sell Kroger gift cards via SCRIP SUCCE$$ at a discount.
- We have received our FINAL shipment of Kroger cards with the discount. These cards will be sold providing a 4% discount.
- Once the current inventory of Kroger cards is exhausted, Kroger will no longer allow us to purchase Kroger cards to be sold via SCRIP SUCCE$$.
- Since Kroger first informed us that they were moving away from their gift card program last summer, we have worked tirelessly to help them understand the impact of their decision on both Owensboro Catholic Schools and our families. This is a decision being made corporately by Kroger and effects all in the country who once benefited from their gift card program.
Kroger Community Rewards Program
The ONLY way for OCS families to benefit from Kroger is make sure that their Kroger Plus card is linked to Owensboro Catholic Schools. This program earned OCS just over $24,000 in 2014-2015. These dollars were utilized as revenue when building the 2015-2016 OCS Budget, reducing the amount of tuition revenue needed by $24,000.
Your Kroger Plus Card must be linked to OCS in order for OCS to gain the benefit of receiving dollars from the Community Rewards Program. Please note that this must be done each year. If you linked your card in 2014-2015 you must relink for the 2015-2016 academic year.
How to Link Your Kroger Plus Card to the Community Rewards Program
- Log onto kroger.com
- Either create a new online account or enter your existing account.
- Under Community Rewards, look for and click on Owensboro Catholic Schools, or enter our organization number – 10378.
- Click save and confirm that your Kroger Plus Card is linked to Owensboro Catholic Schools.
- Kroger will help with any questions that you have – 1.800.Krogers, Option #3.