Diocese of Owensboro – Director of Catholic Schools Food Service
July 15, 2014
The Diocese of Owensboro has a job opportunity for a Director of Catholic Schools Food Service. This position is located at the Catholic Pastoral Center in Owensboro, KY. The Diocese encompasses 79 parishes and 17 schools in western Kentucky, sixteen schools participate in the National School Lunch Program.
The Director of the Catholic Schools Food Service is a full-time position which provides for the supervision of food service personnel and provides support to the food service activities throughout the Diocese Of Owensboro. This position requires specific responsibilities for directing activities and personnel at multiple sites to perform their functions in a safe and efficient manner; meeting the mandated nutritional needs of students and complying with mandated health standards.
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree or equivalent educational experience, with academic major or concentration in food and nutrition, food service management, dietetics, family and consumer sciences, nutrition education, culinary arts, business, or a related field and at least one year of relevant school nutrition program experience is preferred.
- Must have knowledge of budgeting, and financial practices and procedures.
- Position requires strong organizational skills, excellent communication skills, both oral and written; and strong interpersonal skills.
- Must have the ability to exercise critical human relations skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with the diocesan schools and diocesan staff.
- Individual must be able to drive and hold a driver’s license and successfully complete a criminal history and background check.
The Diocese of Owensboro is an equal opportunity employer that provides a wide range of benefits. All interested applicants may submit a resume and cover letter to:
Diocese of Owensboro
Human Resource Department
600 Locust Street
Owensboro, KY 42301 Or
Email – [email protected]